The Division of General Nephrology-Hypertension within the Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine's Department of Medicine holds regular renal grand rounds presentations and lectures for faculty, residents, and fellows. The learning objectives of our renal grand rounds series is to present recent advancements in clinical care in renal medicine, recent advances in medical research, and relevant material for clinical practice.
Upcoming seminars, including Renal Grand Rounds, are listed on our events page.
The Division of General Nephrology-Hypertension strives to bring top-quality speakers to our weekly grand rounds and special seminar series. A sampling of our past seminars is listed below.
- Hanging in the Balance - Fluids and AKI
Kathleen Liu, M.D., Ph.D., MAS
Professor of Medicine - Nephrology
University of California, San Francisco
- FGF23 in CKD
Myles Wolf, M.D. M.M.Sc.
Margaret Gray Morton Professor of Medicine
Director, Center for Translational Metabolism and Health
Institute for Public Health, Northwestern University
- Underutilization/Barriors to Peritoneal Dilaysis: Role of Assisted Peritoneal Dialysis
Vikram Aggarwal, M.D., D.N.B.
Fellowship in Nephrology & Transplant, University of Toronto, Canada
- Mechanisms of transplant tolerance by targeting leukocyte trafficking
M. Javeed Ansari, M. D., MRCP
Assistant Professor of Medicine
Divisions of Nephrology and Organ Transplantation, Northwestern University
- suPAR and Kidney Disease
Jochen Reiser, M.D., PhD
Ralph C. Brown, MD, Professor of Internal Medicine
Chairman, Department of Internal Medicine, Rush University
- Dent's disease and the role of endocytosis in the progression of Chronic Kidney Disease
Gema Ariceta, M.D.
Head, Pediatric Kidney Diseases, Hospital Universitario Vall d'Hebron
Professor of Pediatrics, Universidad Autonoma de Barcelona, School of Medicine, Barcelona, Spain
- Vascular and Cardiac consequences of AVF's: Opportunities for translation
Haimanot (Monnie) Wasse, M.P.H., M.D.
Assistant Professor of Medicine, Emory University School of Medicine
Assistant Professor, Department of Epidemiology, Rollins School of Public Health, Emory University
- New approaches to understanding the pathogenesis of proteinuric kidney diseases
Andrey Shaw, M.D.
Emil R. Unanue Professor, Immunobiology in Pathology and Immunology
Head, Division of Immunobiology, Washington University
- Kinetic eGFR: How knowing the kidney function at all times can help on the consult service
Sheldon Chen, M.D.
Assistant Professor of Medicine, Division of Nephrology / Hypertension, Northwestern University
- Insights from Genetic Studies in FSGS
Moumita Barua, MD
Associate Professor, University of Toronto
- Approach to the Diagnosis and Management of Hypertension in Advanced Kidney Disease
Hala Yamout, MD
Hypertension Fellow, University of Chicago
- Goodpastures syndrome creep into the molecular age
Eric G. Neilson, MD
Vice President for Medical Affairs
Lewis Landsberg Dean, Professor of Medicine, Northwestern University
- Immune Tolerance for Beta Cell Replacement Therapies for Type 1 Diabetes
Xunrong Luo, MD, PhD
Associate Professor, Northwestern University
- Can the glomerulus regenerate?
Stuart J. Shankland, MD, MBA, FRCP
Professor of Medicine, University of Washington
- Diabetic Nephropathy – Recent Progress, New Hopes
Karl Tryggvason, MD, PhD
Professor of Medicine, Karolinska Institutet